What does warranty for an SSL certificate mean?
This is the highest possible amount of financial reimbursement to a client when a certificate is issued to an unauthorised party, leading to financial loss for the client. The amount can vary between certificates and suppliers.
Frequently asked questions
About SSL certificates
- What is a common name?
- What is a private key and what is a public key?
- What is a wildcard certificate?
- What is an intermediate certificate?
- What is a root certificate?
- What is SNI and when do I need it?
- What are cipher suites?
- What is HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS)?
- What is OCSP?
- How does file approver work?